35 hours per week
Salary scale – £30,678 – £32,293
It’s crucial that we create a positive experience for all our volunteers, and we are passionate about inspiring more people to join us. To help us grow and develop our volunteering programme, we are recruiting a Volunteering Lead.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team of values-driven professionals, passionate about inspiring people to make a meaningful impact on the lives of the people we support.
You will coordinate all of Blue Triangle’s volunteering initiatives and projects. You will support the delivery of volunteer recruitment campaigns, training requirements and methods of reward and recognition in order to deliver Blue Triangle’s mission of Empowering People to Thrive.
Your passion for volunteering, coupled with your outstanding organisational skills will allow you to develop and manage the volunteer programme. Your attention to detail and commitment to providing exemplary customer service will mean that every enquiry is handled professionally and timeously.
You will be a confident presenter with a track record of building positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
If you’re an enthusiastic team-player, with a strong work ethic and passion for volunteering, we’d love to hear from you.
To lead, develop and deliver Blue Triangle’s volunteering strategy and coordinate volunteering opportunities across the organisation. Work with the Communication and Engagement Manager to put in place lived experience/peer supported volunteering and public volunteering across Blue Triangle, including into our emerging Connected Community Models, in each local authority area.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and Promotion
- Promote Blue Triangle’s volunteer efforts, and its accomplishments internally and externally.
- Explore and develop new volunteer roles and programmes to increase diversity and encourage deeper involvement in our services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners and stakeholders and attend local network meetings.
- Develop and deliver a communications plan to ensure volunteers are involved in, and informed about, the organisation, projects and activities.
- Develop and deliver events and activities to recognise volunteer effort and ensure they feel valued.
- Lead the teams of volunteers, integrating them into the organisation and provide line management, support, supervision, mentoring and appraisal (where necessary).
- Coordinate and process all PVGs for volunteers who engage with Blue Triangle.
- Ensure all volunteers are aware of and follow company policies and procedures while representing Blue Triangle.
- Keep up to date with local and national strategies, as well as current legislation relevant to volunteering e.g. GDPR, Safeguarding, and other regulations
- Key Responsibilities
- Assess organisational needs in collaboration with service managers to determine the number and range of volunteers needed for each service.
- Work with service managers to create role descriptions for all volunteer positions and opportunities.
- Coordinate all volunteer recruitment and design engaging promotional campaigns and materials.
- Be a point of contact for all volunteers and providing guidance and responding to queries.
- Regularly meet with volunteers to assess their progress, satisfaction, suggestions and improvements.
- Develop and coordinate policies and procedures for volunteer development, including onboarding, training, employability and work placements.
- Cultivate a positive and supportive atmosphere by recognising volunteer efforts.
- Monitoring, Evaluating and Record Keeping
- Maintain accurate, compliant and up to date records of volunteers.
- Develop and deliver monitoring and evaluation plans and report on progress of volunteering activities. Attend relevant meetings, seminars and networking events and to present to external bodies on a range of related topics.
- Prepare regular reports as required
- Professional Development
- Attend and contribute to relevant internal and external meetings as agreed with the Head of People.
- Prepare for and attend supervision sessions/team meetings/ management team meetings as appropriate.
- Keep up to date with local and national strategies, as well as current legislation relevant to volunteering e.g. GDPR, Safeguarding, and other regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities
- Carry out any other tasks that may be within the scope of the post to ensure the effective delivery and development of Blue Triangle’s volunteering.
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission, vision and values of Blue Triangle.
- Passionate about delivering a professional and value-add volunteering programme.
- Excellent organisational skills, including strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and control own workload.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Previous/current experience of working in a similar role (this is essential).
- Ability to work autonomously and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent MS Office skills in particular Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships throughout Blue Triangle.
- You will be a great team member: you want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other but has fun along the way.
If this describes you, we would love to hear from you. If you would like to submit an application, please send a CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] with the job reference (VLCS0622) in the subject heading.