Night Project Worker x 3 – CB Services (CBSNPW0522)
17.5 – 19 hours per week (Flexibility available)
Salary scale: £21,406 – £22,516 (pro rata)
We are looking for three enthusiastic individuals who shares our values (Kind, Passionate and Creative) to join our service accommodating and supporting people experiencing homelessness and empowering them to thrive.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide a meaningful support service to identified individuals who live in the project and/or in the community. You will provide a quality service tailored to the assessed needs of each individual by identifying, planning and facilitating support to enable appropriate move-on options for each service user. You will use all of your knowledge and experience to help service users build their life skills and prepare for independent living.
You will work a variety of shift patterns and days between Hamilton and East Kilbride, typically between 10pm-8am, however we will offer flexibility for the right candidate.
An SVQ3 qualification in social care would be advantageous however not necessary. Essentials include experience of working with vulnerable people, addiction issues and challenging behaviour; effective written and verbal communication; knowledge of homelessness issues; and, above all, the determination to make a difference in the lives of our service users.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Project Worker will be employed by the Association to assist the Project Manager in providing a quality service to residents within the Project.
- To ensure that minimum standards of health, safety and hygiene are both established and maintained in all communal areas, both internal and external to building. This includes the monitoring of regular cleaning duties and maintenance of grounds and the cleaning of void flats.
- To maintain appropriate recording procedures for all issues relating to the operation of the unit, includes financial transactions, incident reports, building repairs, etc.
- To regularly consult with unit residents on possible developments and/or changes in service delivery and devise and operate systems and structures which both promote models of good practice and encourage resident comment.
- To ensure all residents are aware of their rights and responsibilities in being accommodated at the unit.
- To liase with any other professionals and agencies involved in provision of the support function to the residents.
- To provide assistance with the residents’ general financial management, including the registering of all benefit applications both personal and housing related.
- To undertake regular inspections of the building, facilitating the co-ordination of cyclical and remedial repairs. This may result in the undertaking of minor repairs and/or appropriate redecoration, together with giving access to and supervising the work of trade’s people as required.
- To supervise residents’ behaviour’ as part of the process of maintaining the safety and security of the accommodation, and preventing damage to the property.
- To actively participate in the staff supervision process, meeting regularly and on a planned basis with your own supervisor.
- To actively participate in the Association’s Staff Appraisal system, including Agreement to undertake any identified training programme.
- To ensure that the building security, this may include shifts at night-time, is effectively managed through personal observation, general awareness and routine checks.
- To undertake any other duties as delegated by the Project Manager.
- To participate in support meetings identifying appropriate move on options.
- To provide key-work and ensure that individual support plans are constructed and implemented as part of the key-work process.
- To be point of contact to liaise with out of hours homeless referral team and facilitate admission to project of service users referred, ensuring all aspects of service provision has been met i.e. book in administration
- Provide general advocacy and advice service to the residents, including assistance to enable them to meet the conditions of their occupancy agreements.
Should you wish to apply, please download the application form below and send a completed copy to [email protected], with the job reference (CBSNPW0522) in the subject field:
Closing date for applications is Friday 27th May 2022 by 12 noon.
Blue Triangle Housing Association recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.